Resolutions
Things I'm finally going to do, starting on Wednesday 05NOV08
so anyway, my life has been (steeply) ramped up to 72 Jobs per Hour of late, both at home and at work. Toss the election season on top of the mix, it's a wonder I'm sane at all.
I told a fellow worker-bee this afternoon that I'll finally be able to get some rest in twelve days. After that, the die will have been cast and I can finally relax.
So, there's a few things that I've been meaning to do for years that I'll devote my time to, starting 05NOV08:
First, I am finally going to read Ayn Rand. Sure, I know the stories, but I've never actually read them. My bad. I've been meaning to read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead for twenty-some-odd years now, but just never got around to it. I just gots to be sure before I put the "Who is John Galt?" bumpersticker on the ass-end of the daily commuter-mobile.
Second, I, along with my partner in crime; we're going to finish writing and finally publish the book we've been talking about for almost two years now. Relax, it's a cookbook, not a manifesto (the manifesto will come later). Between the two of us, we've filled three banker's boxes with recipes, snippets of writing, and other cookbook-related material. We've missed the publishing deadline for two Christmas seasons already which means we're poised to be ready for the 2009 season. Which also means I need a printable version by the end of June 2009. The clock is ticking....
Short term, mid-term, long term: it's good to have goals.
I reserve the right to revise and extend at a later date. I yield the balance of my time.
thatisall

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home