Should I "live-blog" my divorce?
I take my responsibilities very seriously.
I've always held that I wouldn't leave, despite the hardships and abuse I suffer.
My kids need me, even if they don't understand that they do.
I made a commitment, swore a vow. I take that kind of shit seriously. But for the last decade, I've just been taking shit.
It's been a semi-comfortable stalemate for years. Now, not so much. Things have accelerated since her Mom passed away two months ago. I've always held that I wouldn't leave, but now it's starting to look like it would be best for all involved if I do.
Six months ago, I figured that the 2012 elections would be the end of my marriage. It was a "mixed marriage" from the start: TheMissus is Oh.So.Progressive, and I'm so far to the right that I wouldn't let Sean Hannity mow my lawn. But things political are just one facet of the big picture; there are many more layers of the onion to peel away.
There is, of course, so much more to this story. I'm still debating how much of it I will tell.
more soon

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home