Friday, 11 April 2014

Sorry to leave you hanging...

I owe explanations, apologies, and heart-felt thanks to Teh Horde...

so anyway, on Wednesday night's ONT, I dropped a turd in the punch-bowl...
"I'm not broadcasting it; but I'm not going to keep it a secret amongst friends. Tonight, I'm in the saddest Motel 6 room you can imagine. Was asked to vacate the premises today. Complied."
 ...then promptly managed to pass out doze off, and missed the opportunity to answer questions and acknowledge your support.  I apologize.  I often say on the ONT "you people (or the HQ in general) keep me sane" and it's true.

I am in the process of moving out of the house.  I sign a lease on a small, but tiny apartment on Monday.  This is not sudden or unexpected (although at the end, it is kinda sudden).  I wrote three years ago "Should I live-blog my divorce?".  The "detente" that existed in the interim was over when my employer eliminated my position on 02APR14.  Things went rapidly downhill from there.

I'm OK.  I had resigned myself to this possibility years ago.  Not so much sadness as frustration, and exacerbation on having to spend money to hole-up in a Motel 6 until my small, but tiny apartment is ready.

I shall not file for divorce.  The Soon-To-Be-Ex-Missus™ is technically an invalid, having had half a lung removed in 2012 (see also: Tale of Woe) so her continued health insurance is my responsibility, in addition to the kids.

To "fisk" myself: to say "I'm not broadcasting it", then posting on an open forum?  Broadcasting.  And my comment of "the saddest Motel 6 room you can imagine" was more about the ascetics of the room, not my mood.

we'll have words soon

oh, great, the loud people in the room next door are now smoking pot, and I will have to pee in a cup soon...

5 Comments:

At 10:33 pm, Anonymous cthulhu said...

You know that you can get character references from all sorts of people who know you from AoSHQ, right?

Hmmmm...on second thought, maybe not.

 
At 10:56 pm, Anonymous cthulhu said...

Maybe "better not" -- it's not that anyone wouldn't say nice things, it's that People In Authority tend to disregard nice things said by Peaches, Cthulhu, torquewrench, or various cartoon characters' sex toys.

 
At 12:40 am, Anonymous solitary knight said...

I bring you greetings from the Arizona Stronghold of my Apache Brothers. Alton my brother,I did not bring any food, at least not for your body; but maybe something for the soul. You are admired by many and so many prayers will be offered on your behalf. In times of trial and tribulation may strength and courage be your be your refuge. Now, get out that harmonica and start playing those lowdown blues out of your bad self. Love is with you my Brother.

 
At 12:53 am, Blogger Karagush said...

hey man, i know this feeling better than a lot of women get it. I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. at least now you can start on changing your future into something with a more hopeful shape. living with someone who depresses the shit out of you is really hard, and as hard as leaving is, i think you are doing right for everyone. no apology needed for me

your friend from the horde,
Gushka

 
At 12:54 am, Anonymous Gingy said...

<3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home