I am no longer "hip"
or whatever the kids' are calling "it" these days
so anyway, the new Oakley catalog arrived today. I thumbed through it, each page brought a new level of "Meh", "whatever", "that's a stupid looking hat", "shave, lose the earring, and get a job", etc.
They've added a line of products called "Red Watch" or some siht: Soviet-era messenger bags, backpacks, and other gear. Since I was well past three years old when the Berlin wall finally fell, I was non-plussed. At least they didn't add a "Che" line of products. Maybe in the Spring.....
The sunglasses with the integrated MP3 player remain wicked cool, but for the rest of their sunglasses, their styling muse has clearly left the
Into the trash it went. And I've been an Oakley fan for almost a decade. So when my current Oakley Straight Jackets finally expire, I may just have to run off to K-Mart for a bitchin' set of clip-ons (he says like a man who recently had a "Corrective Lenses" restriction added to his driver's license).
The Most Dreaded Season continues, but at least the shopping bit is out of the way.
We'll have words again soon, I'm sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home