or so the story goes
So anyway, I'm still dreaming up what I'll make for our collective Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow Sunday. That's right, children; whilst you'll be making leftover sammiches on Sunday, we'll be sitting down to the real deal prime time live event. Weird convergence of situations, TheMissus, her Mom, and two thirds of the kids have been fighting off the creepy crud for a week now so we decide to postpone the big dinner for a couple of days. It's all good, right?
I decided early on that I'd throw a chicken on the grill, along with some sausage (mmm, sausage). I'm going to brine the chicken (for the first time in my career) then stuff it with an apple, lots of garlic, onions, and black pepper, and what-ever else comes up in spin-a-bin roullette. Lots of sodden mesquite over the charcoal, should be tasty.
Yes, charcoal. The only way to grill. Fifteen minutes. That's my response to the gas cookers. The difference (time-wise) between a charcoal grill and a gas grill is, at most, fifteen minutes. More like ten minutes. Drink a beer, already. Bam! The fire is ready.
The difference in taste is huge; charcoal cooked food is at least an order of magnitude better than gas.
More tomorrow, it's late already.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home