Wednesday, 3 August 2005

I'll tell you what's stupid

just you wait

so anyway sorry for the lack of posting of late, it's been just a little crazy around here.

Tonight I find myself holed up in the Sheraton in York, PA on a business trip, just me, my laptop, high speed 'Net access, and nine and a half Budweisers eight Budweisers which brings me to what is just stupid.

Did I mention that I'm in Pennsylvania? OK, good. So I leave the plant after 12 glorious hours and head back to the hotel. On my way, I decide that a beer would be right tasty so I stop at the first liquor store I pass and stroll on in.

The clerk must have recognized the look on my face. "Lemme guess: you want beer, huh?" Well no siht sherlock. Yes I want beer.

So it turns out that beer is only sold in taverns and bowling alleys in Pennsylvania. No really, I'm serious. But only if you want one or two six packs. If you want more than 2 six packs, you have to go to a beer distributor.

And beer is not sold in twelve packs in the Keystone State.

How fcuking wrong is that? Don't get me started. There's something just not right about not having beer readily available on every street-corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home