Sunday, 18 September 2005

Goldstein sums it up

like you didn't know that already

Jeff Goldstein of Protein Wisdom fame sums up the Roberts confirmation hearings with a simple "knock-knock" joke. Spot on.
Speaking of the Roberts hearings; I was in casual conversation with part of my personal left wing sounding board on Thursday and had the following (paraphrased) exchange:
THEM: That Roberts futher mucker refuses to answer any questions. It's just a typical right wing stall tactic.
ME: He has given more complete answers (when he's allowed to speak) than Ginsburg did in 1994.
THEM: She didn't even need to be questioned. We knew who she was. We wanted her on the Supreme Court. She was good enough for (billy jeff blythe) Clinton, and that's all we needed to know. This Roberts-nazi, isn't answering the questions at all.
ME: And you wonder why I drink?
(Note: the "futher mucker" comment came from a 64 year old grandmother who chastises me for the use of the word "jackass")
I gotta sleep now. More soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home