Thursday, 4 May 2006

Are we there yet?

and other classics

so anyway, I've been very multicultural the past couple of days. Wednesday evening I attended a MLB game with a group from work; co-workers from Japan, India, and Mexico were along for the ride. Today, I went to canadia Canada (a country slowly earning my respect after Harper's election) on a business trip with fellow worker-bees from Mexico and Austrailia.

As a life long beisball fan, I was pleased to witness friends from Mexico and India experience their first time at The Show. Hopefully, my explainations of The Game were adequate.

It's funny, trying to see baseball "for the first time" having grown up with the game. At one point in the bottom of the sixth, my Indian friend said something to the effect of ".....I can see why this is called 'America's Past-time'. This is just.....so much FUN....."

Damn.Right.Skippy. We invented fun here.

And today, travelling with strangers in a stranger strange land. What an experience. Seeing wide-eyed adults marvelling at the breath-taking scenery along the 402. Perhaps I'm jaded, having traversed that stretch of highway too many times in a former life. Despite a minor inconvenience re-entering my homeland (believe it or not, DHS tagged us for "Secondary Inspection" because of the Austrailian travelling with us. Go figure.), it was a good trip overall.

H/T to the DHS crew in Port Huron, Michigan. All business, with a personal touch.

Such is the life in the automotive industry. In many ways, it is the perfect world; a world without a care for color or creed. When I'm in my small but tiny cube on any given day, I can expect to hear at least three different languages going on at any time. I go to the printer and half of the print-outs are in Japanese. Or Hindi. Or Russian.

Don't matter none. It's all good.

We'll have words soon. Sleep is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home