things I thought I'd never do
I've just spent the last hour searching the 'Net for affordable fox urine. Let that soak in for a minute (pun intended)
We have a skunk (or skunks) resident on the compound grounds here at Casa de Heywood, and the little fcukers are tearing up my otherwise pristine lawn. I spent an hour this evening dispensing fox-urine-soaked cotton balls around the grounds and literally had to douse my hands with gasoline to replace the fox urine scent with something more appealing.
Having "raised" two lawns previously, one started off with "hydro-seeding" (or as we call it: 'Hydro-Weeding'), the other with sod (take my advice: have an extra 3" of topsoil added before the sod goes down); inheriting a perfect, mature lawn was one of the luxuries that made the new Case de Heywood a bargain. I'm not about to sit idly and let some rodent tear it up.
Of course, my first thought was night-vision goggles and the trusty Remington 870 (the SKS seemed like over-kill, and the various handguns would require a degree of sobirety that I'm not willing to invest), but we're technically within the city limits and they take a dim view on shotgun blasts at 3:00 AM, so that plan was right out. The Missus 86ed the idea of placing small bowls of ethyl glycol (that would be Prestone coolant to those of you in Ypsilanti) in strategic locations as that may harm the various dogs and cats that currently use our back yard as their toilet.
So it's the gaia-friendly fox urine for now. Next week it will be Claymores, gaia be damned.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home